Thursday, July 24, 2014

Threading Needles

I was fixing some patio cushions today and as I was threading the needle with very thick thread, I thought I would share how I thread a needle. I know this is something very simple, but there is more than one way. In the book, "Tom Sawyer," Tom identity was discovered when he tried to disguise himself as a girl to attend his own funeral. It wasn't because of the way he looked, it was because he threaded a needle by bringing the needle to the thread instead of the thread to the needle. I digress. For years now, I have threaded a needle by folding about 1/3 of the thread down. Then you push the folded edge through the needle. This works for thick thread, like I was using today, or really, really small eye holes. The fold is stronger than a single thread and it really works. Also, you can hold the folded edge against your finger as you push it through the eye. Try it and let me know what you think.  Kandi

No comments:

Post a Comment