Wednesday, August 1, 2018

What Happens in Vegas. . .

Well, I went to Vegas, but I was at the American Sewing Guild's National Conference. I had a great time. The hotel didn't get any money out of me other than the price of my room. I managed to go out to dinnerone night with a friend from high school, but that was about it. There's always so much to do at the conference.

I drove to Vegas. It's usually about a 4 hour incredibly boring drive. Not this time. Between Barstow and Baker it was thunder and lightning. The rain was so hard the windshield wipers couldn't keep up. Added a little excitement to the whole trip. Coming back was dry. Yep - and boring.

I taught 3 classes at the conference. Here's a picture of my pin tuck pillow class:

This is about 2/3 of the class. The others were camera shy.





The kit contained 4 pieces of white batiste. They used a twin needle (also called a pin tuck needle) to sew any design they wanted. The only rule was each square had to be different. And different they were.  Many of the students were a little nervous about just sewing without any pattern or sample. They did it.  They all looked fantastic. That's me sitting on the floor in the front.

No comments:

Post a Comment